Easy Pizza Dough
This recipe products a soft homemade pizza dough. Perfect to use with your Pizza Nevo oven. The great thing is you only need 6 basic ingredients!
The recipe below is for a lean dough that doesn't use eggs or butter. Not only does that remove the extra fat, it also ensures a crispy pizza crust.
For around 2 large 12" pizzas, or 3 smaller ones.
1. Yeast - 1 standard packet, about 2 tea spoons.
2. Water - 1 and 1/3 cups. Using warm water helps with the rise time but anything over 35 degress will likely kills the yeast.
3. Flour - You will need 3 & 3/4 cups of flour and a little more for dusting
4. Oil - A couple of tablespoons of olive oil will add great flavour
5. Sugar - 1 tablespoon will increase the Yeast's activity
6. Cornmeal - Optional but will give the pizza crust extra favour
Plus you can add a little salt for extra flavour.
How to Make The Dough
1. Mix all the dough ingredients together by hand or use a hand held mixer.
2. Knead the dough by hand
3. Place the dough in a mixing bowl (ideally pre-greased) and let stand for at least 90 minutes. For best results place in a fridge overnight.
4. The dough will have risen and "punching down" on the dough will release and air bubbles. After you should divide the dough into at least 2 parts.
5. Roll the dough into a circle. Ideally you should let it rest whilst preparing your toppings.
6. Top the base with your chosen toppings.