Quick Fakeaway Flatbread Pizza
Forget ordering flatbread pizza from takeaways and tuck into this quick and easy flatbread pizza recipe.
This recipe will make around 4 flatbreads and the prep takes no more than 15 minutes.
1. Plain Flour - 350g
2. Olive Oil - 3 tablespoons
3. Warm Water -150ml
4. Garlic Cloves - 2 x crushed
5. Canned Cherry Tomatoes - 400g
6. Grated Mozzarella - Large handful
7. Red Onion - Finely sliced
8. Toppings of your choice - we recommend red onion, mushrooms, sweetcorn, courgette, peppers and black olives.
How to make the pizza
1. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and season with sale and pepper.
2. Create a well in the middle of the flour and add the olive oil. Slowly add the water and continuously mix until you a thick dough - you don't want it too sticky.
3. Knead the dough on a floured surface for around 1 minute. Your looking for a smooth consistency. Then put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, and cover for around10 minutes.
3. To create the pizza sauce add olive oil in a pan and gently heat the garlic for about 1 minute - don't burn it!
4, Add the can of cherry tomatoes and heat for a further 3-4 minutes.
5. Use a potato masher to squash the tomatoes. You don't to create a completely smooth sauce, just break the tomatoes up a bit.
6. Leave the sauce on a gentle heat for 10 minutes. It should reduce down and thicken enough to be spread on your flatbreads.
7. Divide the dough into 4 and roll each into a thin pizza base.
8. Blast the flatbread dough in the pizza oven for a few moments. Then turn them over to apply the toppings. Pizza sauce first, then the mozzarella, then your toppings.
9. But bake in the Pizza Nevo oven until nicely baked. This should only take around 30 seconds to a minute.
4. Arrange the cherry tomatoes and courgettes over the top and then scatter the mozzarella on
5. Mix the capers, olives and garlic. Then scatter over the top
6. Leave everything to rise and settle for 20 minutes